Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Halleluyah and a glory to God!

We are all mostly better to start! Whoooo hoooo! I don't know what hit us here, but it was nasty, nasty, nasty! Praise God for our good health :)

The Lord has been speaking to me about choices lately. I'm not real sure where he is going with it, but I'm along for the ride. Everything in life is a choice. We make choices pretty much constantly throughout our day. When we get up in the morning, we decide if we want to have quiet time, what we will have for breakfast, what we will wear, whether we will get a shower or not etc. That's all in the first hours after awakening. If we really stop to think about all the choices we make, it can be overwhelming. I always tell my daughter that anger is a choice. All of our emotions are a choice. We can choose to give in to them and let them rule over us, or we can hand them over to the Holy Spirit and let him handle them. Wow! That was a tangent *grin*

Needless to say, I have been evaluating some of the choices that I make in life. If anyone knows me at all, they know that I am habitually late. I have all the good intentions in the world, I just don't manage my time properly. One of my worst offenses has been the bible study that I lead. Yes, it's true...lead....late...really bad example. I have been on time the last three weeks! Weeeehoooo! Praise God for that!

Another choice I had to examine was the things that I put off to get healthy. Exercise and diet. Both really poor! I signed up over at spark people for my nutrition and tried to use their meal plans. They are a little too strict for me, so I am playing around using thier nutrient goals and have been doing pretty good. For the 2 days I have been on there. LOL (small victories here) I have also exercised 2 hours and 15 minutes the last 2 days.

Can you say back on wagon? YES! Hopefully the momentum keeps going! lol

The whole reason for my halleluyah post is to say that with God, all things are possible! Ask him for guidance today, and he will be sure to show himself faithful. He is the God of the big things and of the small. After all, he knows how many hairs are on my head, and he named every star. Give praise to him today!

Steph

1 comment:

berrypatch said...

So very, very, VERY true & something I have been thinking hard on lately. Especially when it comes to my exercise & eating choices. I have done ZERO exercise this week. I don't know what happened. I know Friday's weigh-in will NOT be pretty. ::sigh:: It so very true though - God will get me through this. He WANTS me to get through it. I just need to get on the same page.