Friday, October 31, 2008

HFH Fat ticker Friday

Hello all! Did you miss me? I had a fabuloso time in the Poconos! My weight didn't, but I did! We even walked 2 days, and I tried to watch what I ate (thanks Christa for being the food nazi LOL). Alas, I gained a pound. *sigh* It's ok. At least I am still almost 2 pounds down from my original! Gotta look at that glass half full right?

I have been putting the couch 2 5k program off (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) because of procrastination and fear. I AM starting Monday. No excuses, no exceptions! I'm gonna try to talk Monica into doing it with me (Ooooooooooooh Moooooonica....that's your fair warning!). C25K is basically a plan to get you , well, off the couch and running about 3 miles by the end of 2 months. You must understand, I need about 6 sports bras on at one time to run. LOL It gives you a schedule to ease into it, and combines running and walking together for about 20 min 3x's a week. I'll report back next week.

Still trying to up my water intake, and the efforts double today on that.

The question this week was to post a photo shoot of something/someone dressed up. We don't celebrate Halloween, so I will forgo that this week. Sorry if you are disappointed, but I choose to give glory to God!

Have a blessed week!
Steph

4 comments:

Jessi said...

You were on vacation and only gained a pound!? That's quite an accomplishment!

We don't celebrate Halloween either. However, I do usually carve a pumpkin...two years ago, I carved THE fish and last year it was THE cross.

Looking forward to your report next week. What is the Couch 2 5K program?

berrypatch said...

Not bad at all, Steph! I'm glad you had a good time. I'm going to see about getting down there in April! ;-)

Stephanie said...

I edited my post to tell you what the couch 2 5k is, but it is at http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml . HTH!

Steph

Christie O. said...

i did the c25k and it was AMAZING!!! It worked literally like a dream. don't get me wrong, there were parts where i thought i was going to die, like around week 4 and week 5, but if you press on, your body catches up. now, running 3 miles is my SHORT run. i swear! and i was soooo a non-runner. i totally believe in parallel goals like training for something, to get you to your goal. good luck!!! and glad you had a great vacation with minimal damage!!