Friday, October 17, 2008

hfh: Fat ticker Friday-ugh

Here we are again. I'm noticing a trend. It's not a good trend, mind you. It's a downward spiraling, upward gasping for air kind of trend. One week I do excellent, the next well, not so much. I didn't exercise one iota this week. Totally laziness, as I had the time to do it. Ok, I shouldn't say that because we went to Longwood gardens and strolled for 4+ hours last Friday, and Sunday strolled for a few hours at the lake. No sweating my butt off, cardio pumping exercise. The scale showed it. Up almost a pound.

I am NOT making any goals next week except to drink my water and try to exercise. I know, it's a lame thing to do, and total avoidance. I am going away with my girlfriends next week, and know that we eat horribly and sit on our butts scrapbooking all day. I will make a concerted effort not to eat too much chocolate *grin*.

On to the question of the week:

What I'd like to know is, when you think about your body, which part do you want to "refine" during this process? And think about or find out what exercises you have to do to make that happen.

The 2 parts I'd like to refine would be my stomach and my chest *giggle*. I'd like to be able to wear a pair of pants that doesn't fall off because the only thing it fits is my waist. I'd also like to be able to wear a pair of pants that doesn't make my tummy a gross looking muffin top. As for exercises....cardio and sit ups are about it I guess. When it comes to my chest, well, let's just say it needs to be smaller. WAY smaller. This is a challenge exercise wise because I don't want to build muscle, just tone. The only thing I got for that would be pushups. Can you say ewwww?

So introduce us to your favorite part, and hey, if you want to add pictures to your essay then feel free to do that too!

Ok, sorry, no pictures, but one thing I like about my body is my calves and ankles. This is why it was sooooooo upsetting to me when my ankles started swelling because of my medication the other week. I've already had some of my friends tell me "well, at least you have girly legs". Yes, I'm pretty sure it was a compliment. :)

So, how did you do this week? Sound off!

Steph

3 comments:

mom_of2boys said...

Hang in there! I've been on the weight loss roller coaster for a while now. It will get better!

Have fun scrapbooking! Want chocolate? Try the Weight Watcher chocolates...it hits the chocolate spot and is only 1 point.

berrypatch said...

I'll second the WW chocolate suggestion. YUMMY! The hardest part is just stopping! ;-) I SO wish I was coming down to scrapbook!!! Waahh!! Have fun for me & tell everyone I miss them! ;-)

Keep on keeping on. I'm so surprised I lost anything. I felt for sure it was going to be UP there. Ugh. Here's to a new week & a new goal! ;-)

berrypatch said...

Psst..I just gave you a blog award. Go to my blog to check it out. ;-)