Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple woman's daybook




FOR TODAY 10/20/2008


Outside My Window...The sun is setting and it is leaving a golden glow across the field. Across the street, the trees are many colors of greens, reds, and oranges. The golden sun is reflecting off them and making them glow. Gorgeous....or in my house it would be beautimus. (My own creation of beautiful, glorious, wonderful etc all wrapped into one LOL)


I am thinking...of all the things that need to be done and wrapped up before the scrapbooking retreat on Thursday (sorry Lisa....we'll miss you!)


I am thankful for...Crisp autumn days of no humidity to enjoy the outdoors for a bit.


From the kitchen...Chicken with shake-n-bake topping, noodles and corn for dinner. Maybe I'll toss in some rolls too.


I am wearing...Hello? Jeans! Are you noticing a trend here? A red short sleeve top with a white lining at the bodice, and my brown clogs.


I am creating...more bucket covers. Some to be put up on ebay next week, some to give away to my ladies! (hmmmmmm anyone in suspense over this fact?)

I am going...on my scrapbooking retreat with 10 other ladies to the beautiful Pocono mountains in the height of fall.

I am reading...Karen Kingsbury's someday


I am hoping...To be able to get everything done here at the house before I leave. Also, to get lots done on retreat.


I am hearing...My darling husband coming in the door and chastising the dog for not greeting him at the door.


Around the house...Cleaning, organizing, and packing. That about sums it up.


One of my favorite things...My daughter's inquisitive nature. She asked us yesterday what happens to babies that die after just being born. Do they go to heaven? Out of the mouths of babes comes the hardest questions to answer. My husband's answer was very good!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Well, I hate to seem like I repeat myself, but did I tell you I was going on retreat?! LOL My friend Christa is coming up from TX and this will be the first time we've met IRL after being friends for 8 years. How exciting is that?


Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Yes, it's a picture of me, taking pictures. This should give you a sense of my husbands sense of humor. He was catching me unawares at Longwood gardens last week. I took 3 rolls of film in about 4 hours. hehehe

If you want to participate along with us, go here: http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/2008/04/join-simple-womans-daybook.html

2 comments:

berrypatch said...

WWWWAAAAHHH!!!! Okay, now I feel better. ;-) Please tell Christa I so wish I could have made it down to meet her! Hmmm, maybe I should find a place up here to host it at some time. LOL

C Killingsworth said...

Hey Lisa if you host a Crop weekend up in Maine, I will try my hardest to make it up there.. I'm getting good at packing my scrap stuff!!

BTW: We had a great time!!

Hugs, Christa